1. Drop Off/Breakfast – Students can be dropped off from 8:00-8:25 in the back Pre-K drop off/pick up area. Breakfast will begin at 8:00 and ends at 8:30. (Bus students will be permitted to eat as they arrive to the school.) We will begin our day promptly at 8:30.
2. Sign in/out – Please sign your child in and out on the daily attendance sheet if they are parent drop off/pick up. Make sure that anyone picking up your child is authorized to do so in our records and has proper identification. We will not release your child to anyone without identification – no exceptions.
3. Communication – A folder for each child will be sent home daily in his/her backpack. Please check your child’s folder every day and return it the following day. It will contain a daily behavior report, as well as any artwork or schoolwork your child has done. This folder may also contain important and confidential information; so please do not let your children take things out of the folder. A newsletter and calendar of events will be sent home monthly.
4. Discipline – In our combined efforts to help your child prepare for kindergarten we ask that you support us in the area of discipline. We can assure you that all discipline is done in love. We wish to maintain a positive learning environment for all children. We would appreciate your faithfulness in reminding your child each morning to follow the rules and address any discipline issues that may develop.
5. Parent/Teacher Conferences – There may be times throughout the year that a formal conference will be scheduled to discuss your child’s academic development and/or behavior. If you would like to schedule a conference please call the school at 547-8610 or contact me via e-mail.
6. Toys – Please do not allow your child to bring toys to school. The only exception I will make is an item your child carries for security. This exception will only be made for the first couple of weeks while everyone is adjusting.
7. Birthdays – We love to celebrate birthdays! Each month we will provide a healthy cupcake to celebrate all the students who have a birthday that month.
8. Lunch and snacks – You may choose to send a lunch with your child or he/she may purchase school lunch. A menu will be sent home monthly. **Lunch will be provided for all Head Start students. Please do not send outside food.**
9. Clothing – Play clothes please. We do a lot of messy projects and paint smocks do not cover everything. Please send all students to school in closed-toe shoes. No flip-flops/sandals for their safety.
10. Jewelry – Please keep all jewelry at home. It is not permitted in the classroom for safety reasons.
**PLEASE LABEL ALL ITEMS (Extra clothing, jackets, blanket, etc.)**