BAck-To-School Required Letters
8:25AM - 2:45PM
8:25AM - 1:45PM
7:30AM - 3:30PM
***VPK Registration Information***
VPK registration is a two-step process.
- You must complete a VPK certificate on the Episcopal website. You can access that here: https://familyservices.floridaearlylearning.com/ Once this is completed you must sign and date the certificate in the parent section. Send the completed copy to Mrs. Sherman via email, fax, or drop off to the South Woods Elementary School Front Office. This will secure the VPK students’ spot.
- After you have completed the first step, complete the VPK registration on the South Woods website under the Departments section. Registration for VPK opens on March 1.
Teacher of the Year
Rookie Teacher of the Year
School Related Employee of the Year
Tuesday, January 30 - Friday, February 9
Monday, March 18
No School – Teacher Planning Day
Friday, April 19
No School – Student/Teacher Holiday
Tuesday, May 28
Last Day for Teachers – Teacher Planning Day
Monday, February 19
No School – Presidents Day
Tuesday, March 19
Classes Resume for Students
Friday, May 24
Last Day for Students
Monday, March 11 - Friday, March 15
Friday, March 29
No School – Good Friday
Monday, May 27
Memorial Day – School Closed
Before and After School Activities
- Engineering Eagles Challenge 4th & 5th Grade Mondays 2:45pm – 3:45pm *September 25 – Spring
- Engineering Eagles Explores 2nd & 3rd Grade Wednesdays 7:30am – 8:15am *September 27 – Spring
- Singing Eagles 4th & 5th Thursdays 2:45pm – 3:35pm *October 27 – May 30
- Fishing Club Wednesdays 1:45pm – 3:30pm *January 17 – May 18
- Culinary Club Wednesdays 1:45pm – 3:30pm *January 24 – May 22
- Character Cup Practice Mondays 7:20am – 8:00am *January 22 – March 6
- Ancient City Soccer Tuesdays 2:45pm – 4:15pm *January 30 – May 14
- Battle of the Books Practice Tuesdays 2:45 – 4:15 *January 16 – March 22
- Early Bird Running Club Wednesdays 7:20am – 8:00am *January 10 – March 6
- Before School Tutoring Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 7:10am – 7:55am
- After School Tutoring Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 3:25pm – 4:25pm
Our Engineering Eagles participated in the First Lego League Practice Tournament at FCTC on November 4th.
Our Engineering Eagles participated in the Robotics Tournament at FCTC on January 20th.
Let your child’s teacher know how your child will be going home each day beginning the first day of school.
We encourage you to allow your child to ride the bus beginning the first day of school. Bus stop locations, drop off and pick up times are located in HAC (Home Access Center). You can access HAC on the St. Johns County School District Website. If you have not used HAC before, select the link titled Online Registration Instructions. For questions about HAC please contact the school at (904) 547-8610. For questions about bus stop locations and time, contact the St. Johns County Schools Transportation Department at (904) 547-7810.
Parent Pick Up
If you will be picking up your child from school, you will need to place the school approved Parent Pick Up sign in the drivers side of your car window. Please be prepared to show your ID when requested by our staff working the Parent Pick Up Loop.
St. Johns County School District believes that all students and employees be afforded a setting that is safe, secure, and free from bullying and harassment of any kind. In compliance with Florida Statute 1006.147 and School Board Rule 3.21, the school district has adopted a comprehensive policy prohibiting bullying and harassment.
St. Johns County School District Head Start provides a free pre-school program and comprehensive health and social services to eligible three- and four-year-old children and their families living in St. Johns County. Head Start is for income eligible families, proof of income is required.
This is just a reminder that anyone (parent, guardian, friend, neighbor, aunt, uncle) must have school access to attend an event at South Woods Elementary School, have lunch with a student and/or attend an awards assembly. If you have not already done so, please complete the School Access Form. The process for approval may take up to 4 weeks, so please fill out the application sooner than later for any guests that would like to have school access. Once the application is approved, school access will be valid for three years.
FortifyFL is a website and app developed at the direction of the Florida Legislature. Any student, educator, parent or member of the public can report school safety concerns directly to law enforcement and school administrators anonymously and easily through the FortifyFL app or getfortifyfl.com.
Character Counts at South Woods!
School District News
2023-2024 Science Instructional Materials Adoption
The St. Johns County School District has begun the review process for the Science Instructional Materials Adoption. Once available, the digital resources will be posted on the Instructional Materials Adoption web page and available for review. The core resources that have been submitted for evaluation were selected from the state adoption consideration lists when available. Additional resources for advanced programs may be reviewed from materials listed as appropriate for the program indicated.
Some print materials may be available for review. If you would like access to the available printed materials or require assistance reviewing the online resources, please call the Instructional Resources and Media Services office at 904.547.3947. Materials are available for review from 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM when district offices are open.
We encourage parent and community participation in our adoption process. If you would like to serve on a school committee and formally review the resources as a part of the school review team, please contact any school or our office at 904.547.3947 by February 1, 2024. Committee membership is limited. School administrators will select the appropriate number of reviewers from the list of interested participants.
"Literacy Beyond Boundaries" Virtual Discussion on February 6
Please join St. Johns County School District's ESE Parent Advisory Committee on February 6, 2024, from 6pm to 7:30pm for a virtual discussion titled "Literacy Beyond Boundaries." The discussion will be presented by guest speaker Alex Barr, Community Outreach Manager for the St. Johns County Public Library System.
South Woods Elementary School will create a positive learning environment that will instill good character and the desire for academic excellence, fostering the development of caring, productive, and digital citizens in the global world.